January 30, 2017
Our first Family BINGO Night was a full house and a complete success. Congratulations to the many winners and great job to those who eagerly awaited their numbers to be called. It was wonderful to see so many families and kids from Kindergarten to Middle School, along with teachers, staff members, our Superintendent, and Board Members attend such a fun evening. We hope to have one more Game Night event this spring. We will keep you updated.
On behalf of the Fundraising VPs, we’d like to thank all the families for contributing items on our Sign Up List. Specifically, thank you to
- Chrissy Conner and Ms. Welch for the chips and licorice;
- Peggy O’Brien, Shannon Parenti and Roxanne Fields for the oranges;
- Josh Poggi for the foil;
- Lori Trayler and Josh Poggi for the condiments;
- Erin Mustille for the napkins;
- Shannon Parenti, Christina Schwind and Rachel Spetman for the juice;
- Debbie Navarro for the hot chocolate and mini marshmallows;
- Liz Shurko for the cups;
The winners loved all the donated prizes. Many thanks to:
- Brad Switzer for the See’s Candy gift card;
- Suzanne Lifson Salazar for the WiKIDly Travel Books;
- Lisa Alasandro for the movie, game, and gift cards;
- Kiyomi Arai for the Cold Stone and Movie gift cards and variety of games;
- Stacey Russell for the Hello Kitty collectibles;
- Shannon Parenti for the Dave and Busters’ gift card;
- Vicki Ababseh for the Davidrio gift basket;
- Elizabeth Thompson for the Sirens gift cards and Sea Bowl gift cards;
- Nienke Levin-Mertz for the hockey play set, Valentine’s Day goodies, dog goodie bag, and headphones;
- Roxanne Fields for the Target items;
- Sandy Handler for the books;
- Ms. D’Amore for the array of house goods;
- Anonymous families for the Pie Face game, Claire’s gift card; VISA gift cards; Mini Heater, Shopkins toys, Pokemon items, picnic supplies, beauty items, and more.
(For the items that were not used, we will be auctioning them off at our Spring Social on Friday, March 24th at Longboards Bar or at our Pop of Color event on Sunday, May 7th)
Thank you to Carolyn Edwards, Rebecca Silva, Sandy Handler, Shauna Koperski, Sharon Pelleriti, Mr. Stafford, and Kiyomi Arai for setting up, cooking, serving, checking in, and cleaning up.
Last, but certainly not least, we’d like to thank Sandy Handler, BINGO announcer extraordinaire for her exceptional and creative number calling for two hours. Wow!
Below are a few of our upcoming Fundraising Events:
- Spell-a-thon: February 27-March 10th
- See’s Candy (Easter/Spring theme): March 20th- April 1st
- Book Fair: March 20th -24th
- Spring Social at Longboards Margarita Bar: Friday, March 24th
- Read-a-thon: throughout the month of April
- Pop of Color 5k Race/Walk – Sunday, May 7th
- Paint Nite – April or May (date TBD)
- Game Night – June (date TBD)
Stay tuned for upcoming emails to join various committees and take an active role in coordinating, donating, or volunteering at any of these exciting events.
Please support, participate, and/or join us in our school fundraising activities. Not only do we strive to raise the much-needed funds to make Cabrillo thrive, but also our goal is to create events that bring our community and families together for enjoyment. Thank you for all you support and we look forward to a great rest of the school year.
Kiyomi Arai and Sharon Pelleriti
Co-VP of Fundraising.