We Are Wild About Reading!
The 22st Annual Cabrillo Read-a-thon, February 12 – March 9, 2018
The Read-a-thon is a fun way to get your kids excited about reading, while helping support the Cabrillo School Library. Since we no longer receive state money for books, this fundraiser, along with our Book Fairs, is our primary means of stocking the library shelves.
How does it work?
Have your child keep track of how many books, pages, or minutes they read between February 12 and March 9. Help them find sponsors who are willing to make a donation based on how much they read in that time frame (for example, $1 a book, $1 an hour, etc). Sponsors may also make a flat donation for participation in the Readathon.
Next: READ, READ, READ!
Next: Turn in a sponsor sheet and your payment to your child’s teacher by Monday, March 12. Checks should be made out to Cabrillo PTO. If you or another sponsor would like a donation receipt for tax purposes, please make a note on the donation form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then: Look for coupons to come home which may be redeemed at the Scholastic Book Fair, which will be held in the MPR March 19-23.
- Read and turn in $5…receive a coupon for a prize at the Book Fair
- Read and turn in $15…participate in the coin grab.
- Read and turn in $30…receive a $5 coupon redeemable at the Book Fair.
- Read and turn in $50…receive a $5 coupon redeemable at the Book Fair and get to participate in the coin grab.
- Read and turn in $100…receive a $15 coupon redeemable at the Book Fair plus your name on the Super Stars Wall of Fame!
The class with the most student participation will receive coupons for free popcorn at the Book Fair.
Finally: Take a peek in the library next year to see new books on the shelves as a result of your child’s commitment to reading!
Thank you in advance for your support!
Read-a-thon Chair (Will’s Mom in Mr. Potter’s class; Lily’s Mom in Ms. Arai’s class)
You can download a form to print out here: Readathon 2018