Dear Cabrillo Families,
Principal Tom Stafford sent an email earlier today announcing that he would be leaving Cabrillo at the end of the school year. We are grateful for his hard work on behalf of the students and families at Cabrillo for 7 years. Maria Gavidia, Executive Director of Special Education, Human Resources and Pupil Services and I will be working together to gather information from parents and staff about what they would like to see for the new Cabrillo Principal for the 2019-2020 school year.
We will have two in-person sessions in the Cabrillo School Multi-purpose room:
- Tuesday, March 5th at 5:30 pm
- Thursday, March 7th at 8:30 am
- We will also offer an online survey for those not able to attend one of the two sessions at the school (We will send the link by Tuesday, March 5th).
We will be seeking your input on:
- What do we want teaching and learning to look like at Cabrillo School in three years?
- What expertise, skills or qualities should we look for in the new Principal?
Typically, these sessions are an hour long and include both discussion and a process for prioritizing the input collected.
I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work closely with Mr. Stafford this year. I have learned much about Pacifica School District, our schools and our highly regarded music programs from him. He is very committed to serving the students of Cabrillo School until the end of the school year.
We look forward to meeting many of you at our input sessions next week.
Superintendent of Pacifica School District